Welcome to our Home Gym Hacks, where we share creative and effective ways to maximize your home workout experience. In this series, we dive into innovative exercise hacks that use minimal equipment, turning your home gym space into a powerhouse of fitness possibilities.
Let’s get you up to your pull up goal. Assisted pull ups allow you to focus on technique and form while building the muscles necessary to do your pull ups independently.
Rack with j-cups and pull up bar: the j-cups act as a lower anchor point for the bands than just using the bar.
Mobility bands: these are the support, assisting in your pull up.
1. Ready your rack: Place your j-cups hip height and stretch the mobility band across the j-cups. If you need more assistance, use a stronger band. Less assistance, use a smaller band.
2. Step on: Stretch the band down and step on.
3. Pull UP: The bands will support you as you perform your movement.
1. Don’t Dead Hang: Keep tension in your arms and shoulders between reps to prevent strain on your tendons and rotator cuffs.
2. Shoulder Blade Focus: Pull your shoulder blades down and back as you pull yourself toward the bar.
3. Hold it: At the top? Pull up even further! Get those shoulder blades together and push your chin up as far as it will go.
Whether you are just adding pull ups to your routine or working on perfecting your form, assisted pull ups using this method is safer and more effective than the traditional mobility band assisted pull ups. Give it a try!
Drop a comment or reach out on our socials to tell us what you think about this hack!
Stay tuned for more Home Gym Hacks on our YouTube channel, where we're dedicated to bringing you fresh and effective workout ideas.
Here's to getting stronger and using new movements—enjoy your workout!
Comments will be approved before showing up.